Happy new year from everyone at Syzygy HQ!
2022 was a huge year as we continued to make great strides in our mission to decarbonise real estate. Sometimes it’s only when you take a step back that you realise how far you have come – so massive respect to the team for their unstinting drive, enthusiasm, hunger to learn, their craft and endeavours.
We always make sure we take time out to reflect and did just that in October surfing at The Wave as part of our annual away day and in December we all came together for our Christmas bash at The Market Porter in Borough Market.
As we enter a new year, we wanted to bang our drum and share some highlights from the last 12 months:
- 15 new team mates joined us and perhaps the most exciting thing is that every employee at Syzygy is now a shareholder of the business through our EMI Scheme
- 1,200 assets reviewed for renewable energy and EV charging requirements through portfolio reviews
- 250 site level feasibility studies were conducted
- We have a development pipeline of over 2GWp across 10 countries (that is 10,000,000 m2 of solar panels!)
- Kirsty Berry continues her work on the Solar Procurement working group at the UK Green Building Council (UKGBC)
- John Macdonald-Brown is now Chair of the Solar and Storage group at the Renewable Energy Association
- We've appointed Country heads in the Netherlands and Italy with more to follow
- Set up our Project Development Team with a special focus on occupier engagement for landlord funded renewables projects
- Launched pvlab® our unique Asset Management digital platform
- Solar Car Ports - delivered the UKs largest public project at the Metrocentre (500m parking spaces / 80 EV chargers)
- Netzero Toolkit® - launched an easy-to-understand and practical model developed to provide landlords with a clear, commercially focused pathway to netzero .
- ev charging – Delivered projects at 80 sites with a mixture of tendered Charge Point Operator (CPO) funded projects and landlord-funded projects
- bcorp application submitted... watch this space!
- Finalist for ESG Champion of the Year at Lloyds Bank British Business Excellence Awards
- Finalist at the Property Week Awards (Climate Crisis Initiative - Commercial Property)
- Contractors - we've just appointed for the largest single roof top solar array in Europe (100,000m2 of panels in the Netherlands).
- We’re now working on projects across 10 EU jurisdictions - more exciting news about Europe to follow in the new year!
Of course, none of this would be possible without our loyal, forward-thinking clients and a huge thanks goes out to them. Thank you so much for choosing us to support you, thank you for wanting to push boundaries and embrace innovate solutions, and thank you for being great fun to work with!
Here’s to continuing the momentum into 2023 and beyond!